Another option that teens have today, is Invisalign Teen which are custom-made, clear aligners that go over the teeth. Based on your treatment plan, a series of aligners will be provided to your teen to take home. Simply change aligners every 7-14 days and your teen’s teeth will gradually move into place. The advantages of Invisalign Teen over metal braces include:
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible thereby increasing self-confidence and improving self-image during the difficult teen years
- No food restrictions as with metal braces
- More comfortable to wear
- Invisalign Teen Guarantee. If you or your teen decide that Invisalign is not the right fit for any reason, Dr. Shaver will put on braces at no charge
- Costs virtually the same as “traditional” metal braces
- Fewer orthodontic appointments as Dr. Shaver will only need to see your teen about every 8-10 weeks
- No emergency appointments to fix a broken bracket or pokey wire so very little disruption of your busy schedule and no missed school for your teen
- Since the aligners are removable, your teen can play sports without the worry of damaging the braces by being hit in the mouth by a ball and can continue to play musical instruments properly, without braces getting in the way
- Better oral hygiene since there are no brackets and wires to clean and floss around
- Six free aligners just in case they get misplaced
What is Invisalign® Teen
Invisalign Teen is the virtually invisible way to straighten you teen’s teeth without the restrictions that come with metal braces. Rather than wires and brackets, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable and custom-made aligners that gradually move teeth over time. Your teen simply wears them over their teeth removing them to eat and brush and floss. Dr. Shaver will send your teen home with a series of aligners with instructions on when to change them, usually about every 2 weeks. Invisalign Teen is most effective if worn 20 to 22 hours a day but if you’re worried about compliance, each aligner comes with blue indicators that fade over time when used as directed so Dr. Shaver can track how much the aligners are worn. Little by little, your teen’s teeth gradually shift into place achieving a confident and beautiful smile.
Dr. Shaver does a great job!
A positive experience!
Nice and friendly staff!
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Open for emergency visits and limited appointment types